Evolving your print communications to digital
With the dislocation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, such as social distancing and working from home, there has been an exponential uptick in the adaptation of digital technologies. Content distribution is no exception.
NETSCOUT reported that the US has experienced an average internet traffic increase of approximately 25% during the COVID-19 pandemic.
There are many benefits to moving commonly printed pieces to digital delivery. The best part is that you aren’t limited to static PDFs and slideshow PowerPoint presentations. Today’s digital delivery systems offer a dynamic and engaging experience for your readers.
- COST SAVING – Its hands down more costly to print and mail your content. Converting to digital offers a dramatic cost savings and gets your content to your consumer faster.
- INTERACTIVITY – Media such as videos, audio files, photo galleries, and feedback plugins capture your readers and provide a more compelling user experience than print ever could.
- STAYING POWER – Once print media is consumed, it’s often tossed in the recycle bin. Digital media lives on infinitely. It is also easier to update and refresh digital content down the road.
- SEO BENEFITS – Getting your content online increases the likelihood you’ll be found online. And that’s where everyone is these days.
- ECO-FRIENDLY – Digital content is more sustainable than paper and print.
- VERSATILITY – Digital connect can be broadcast multiple ways, increasing your touchpoints and getting you more value for the content you develop. You can use your digital content on your website and in email and social media marketing. You can also break down content into smaller snippets for a variety of campaigns and communications.
- ON-DEMAND – Your reader can access the content anytime, anyplace and when it is most convenient for them.
- DATA – Everyone (really, just marketers) loves data! Digital gives you the ability to track actual activity on your content. Not just hope that someone scans that QR code or types in a URL.
The process to convert tradition print pieces to digital media is relatively simple. Working with an experienced design team ensures your piece is easy to read, visually striking and well-organized for digital consumption. Overall, digital content distribution makes communicating with your customers and prospects easier and more effective for less cost.
Kruse Design is working with several customers to transition their newsletters, catalogs, annual reports, and other traditional print pieces to digital.
Let’s talk about making your print content more accessible and effective by transitioning to digital. Give us a call at 1.616.363.7730
Source: Report: Global internet traffic patterns have risen dramatically, accessed 1/18/2021, https://www.techrepublic.com/article/report-global-internet-traffic-patterns-have-risen-dramatically/